Friday, November 15, 2013

BLUSTERY DAY

Today it looked and felt like an Iowa Fall day.  Cold, blustery and sprinkling.  Brrrr!  J  And yesterday was sunny and in the 80’s. Strange.
Mike had to take "my" car (the Buick) in to get one of the windows repaired.  On Sunday the back window on the passenger side decided to fall halfway open all by itself and when I tried to use the button to close it it didn't work.  So then I'd get out and open the front door on that side of the car and with one hand on the outside and one on the inside I'd lift the window back up.  But when I'd drive it would fall down again.  We finally taped it to keep it up because you can't just go places and park your car and have a window down.  I haven't had time to take it in, so he did it for me today.  I was very grateful.  However, I'm not even going to think about what it cost.  Ridiculous!  I still don't understand why it broke because I hardly ever open the back windows.
On a brighter side today went by fast! I don’t know why it is, but Fridays seem to go faster than any other day of the week.  Maybe it’s because I feel more energetic -- and all because it’s Friday!  J The rest of the week can’t move fast enough, but I love Fridays! 

Tonight we went to a banquet at Shadow Mountain Church for the Southern California Seminary. One of Deacons from our church and his wife came with us as well as another couple from our church who are from Egypt. We enjoyed some great music by 5 siblings who play violins, bass and cello. After dinner we heard a message from the President of the Southern Baptist Convention; he's the first African American president of the convention. His message was excellent, but I was exhausted trying to listen to him because he spoke so fast!  Haha! 
Today I’m thankful for my sweet, loving, most precious in the whole wide world grandson Zachary. He brings so much joy to our lives!  Just wish we lived closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment