Thursday, November 21, 2013

'TWAS A GOOD DAY

It was a very up day today, which I find surprising since it's only Thursday (and not Friday) and it's been a rainy, chilly day today.
I got up and out of bed with no trouble; no lingering and hitting the snooze button a gazillion times. Showered, dressed, did my hair, did my makeup, made my lunch, got some meat out for dinner, kissed Mike good-bye and headed out the door with my umbrella in hand.
The drive to work was amazingly smooth considering the morning TV news and radio station kept saying how bad everything was on the roads. And, get this, if you don't have to go out today, the best thing to do is stay home.  Really?!  Am I in Iowa in the midst of a snow storm?  I shall never, NEVER, get used to the weather mindset of Californians.
When I got to work I kept talking with my co-worker and finally told her I needed to stop talking and start working.  The morning went by pretty fast. Had a meeting at 11:00, then just ate lunch at my desk so I could leave a little earlier today. Then another meeting at 2:30 where one of my co-workers gave me kudos in front of the boss-man. That was pretty neat!  :)
Left work around 3:30ish and the traffic was good again (in spite of the weather and traffic reports).
Called Mike on the way home to see how the Thanksgiving box-packing went.  It went really well and everything is ready to "just add turkey." The volunteers packed 14 boxes to give to some needy families. Tomorrow morning Mike will pick up the turkeys. The boxes will be delivered between Friday and Sunday.
Came home and put a meatloaf in the oven.  Now I'm sitting in my PJ's and relaxing until dinner and then relax again after dinner. Ahhhh, life is good today.
God is good all the time --- and all the time God is good!
Today I'm thankful for my siblings ... Bill, Janet, Donna, Rose Marie, Raymond, and LeRoy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing everything was smooth sailing driving today, because everyone stayed home. lol Glad it was a great day for you. It's nice to have those every now and then. Thanks for being thankful for me. I am thankful for you as well. love you! janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Iowans complaining of traffic??? What traffic right?? When we lived in Northern Virginia and Russ had to travel 20 miles to work which took him an hour on a good day....We came here and everyone was complaining about the traffic on Collins Road and we kept thinking what traffic!!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete