Saturday, November 16, 2013

JEANNE DAY

This morning I got up and got ready to drive to Costa Mesa for a craft show.  It's an hour and a half drive, so for part of the drive I talked to Janet.  That always passes the time.  Then as I got closer to my destination I got a little turned around.  How appropriate since I was "with" my sister.  Getting lost together.  Haha!  So I had to hang up so I could pay more attention to my driving.  I've been to this craft show a couple of other times and both those times I took the wrong exit too.  There's something about it that the GPS doesn't get.  I found a couple of things to buy, but again, California craft shows just aren't the Midwest.  Sigh
It was very crowded and I just slowly strolled my way through.  After I was done I decided to go to Hobby Lobby on the way home.  That means I had to drive north to Riverside before heading south to Temecula. A little crazy (and slightly out of the way), but that's okay because it was "my" day.  So I wandered through Hobby Lobby and enjoyed exploring since I haven't been there for awhile.  Didn't buy anything though.  I did leave feeling kind of sad because it's always more fun when I'm with Janet. Oh well.
I got home around 4:30 and found my husband sleeping in the recliner.  I felt like taking a nap too, but didn't. Fixed some dinner and now I'm watching "A Very Merry Mix-Up" - last week's Hallmark movie. I can't say I've been overly impressed with the new movies so far this season. Mike thinks they hired Schroeder to play the piano background in these movies.  I think I have to agree.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Doing stuff with sisters is always more fun than doing it alone...but I'm glad that you and Mom got lost "together" at least. Haha!
    I'm also glad you got a Jeanne day. I'm long overdue for a Rachel day. Maybe I'll get one of those one of these days. It's always nice to just get to go off and do things alone for a day!

    ReplyDelete