Thursday, November 14, 2013

DOWNHILL SIDE

I can tell I'm on the downhill side of the week and it feels good.  Good day at work today and was glad to be off by 3:30 to go for my haircut.  I like a nice fresh haircut, but now the gray is showing through and I'll need to color it this weekend.
On the way home I talked with Ben and then when I got home Mike was talking to Heidi, so I got to talk to her for awhile too.  Next month Mike will be going to Tacoma, WA for a class at Faith Seminary for his doctoral program and he will get to see Andy and Mackenzie.  We were hoping that we would be able to go to their place for Thanksgiving this year, but unfortunately it's not happening. We can't afford a trip this month for two and then a trip for Mike next month. Plus, with all that's happening at the church it wouldn't be a good time anyway.  I'm determined to try to go up to Washington sometime after the first of the year to see them.  We'll see how that plays out.  I know my sisters and I want to take Mom on a birthday trip to Branson next year and that will be either in March or April.  When you start thinking about plans for different things it's crazy how fast the year fills up. And then not knowing whether it will all happen or not.
Sitting here watching X Factor and then will watch Survivor since I missed a last night.  Then it'll be off to bed for me.
Today I'm thankful for my son-in-law Jeff and my daughter-in-law Mackenzie and my future daughter-in-law Danielle.  I couldn't be happier that my kids have found mates who love them and care for them (almost as much as their Mama does. I suppose they might find that would be debatable. :)
I've never met Alisha's husband David, but I'm thankful that he loves her and takes care of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment