Saturday, November 30, 2013

LAST DAY OF NOVEMBER

How in the world can it be the last day of November?! I mean, in 31 days we'll be in 2014.  Should I feel old? Nah!
Well, maybe I feel a little old after today.  After 12 hours of being away from home today we are finally home again. We left the house at 7:15 this morning to drive up to Riverside to help Ben move into his house and arrived back in El Cajon at 7:15 PM. Feeling pretty tired!
I thought he would wait  (and encouraged him to wait) until next March before moving out on his own again, but he chose to do it his own way.
He will now be living in Lake Elsinore, about a 30 minute drive from Danielle's. He is renting a house that they will live in after they're married. It's a new 3-bedroom house that the owner chose to rent out. At first Ben & Danielle were thinking about buying, but they listened to me on that one. I suggested they might want to rent first to make sure this is really the area they want to live in. Ben will have to commute to Riverside and he might decide it's a huge pain in the butt. Danielle is hoping to get a job in Lake Elsinore, but if that doesn't happen she'll be commuting too.  Commuting is NOT fun!  I should know. Actually, I do hope it works for them because I don't want to have to help move them in a year! Anyway, I'll try to post pictures soon.  It's not all put together and they don't have everything they need, but they have enough to start out right now, especially since it'll just be Ben living there initially. However, I'd love to go in and decorate, but it's not my house, so I'll have to let them do what they want with it. Looking forward to watching it evolve.
Today I'm thankful for God's salvation through His Son Jesus and that I am His child.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya about commuting (at least I just drive across town) but it gets old fast. I still can't believe Ben is getting married he should be about 14 still! oh well time flies. Nice of you to help him move, that's hard work but I know he appreciated it. miss you!

    ReplyDelete