Saturday, November 2, 2013

JOURNEY TO CORONA

This morning I got up and got ready to head out to Corona for the day.  It ended up being a longer day than I anticipated.  My purpose for going was helping Ben repaint his apartment and clean it before the walk through next Tuesday.  He had one wall painted green and it needed to be painted back.  I had asked him to have everything cleared out before today and he did pretty good with that.  However, I also asked him to have the paint when I got there.  Well, he found out what color/brand he needed, but said he was too busy to get it bought!
So I arrived at Danielle's at 9:40 and picked the "kids" up.  We went to Sherwin Williams and Ben bought the paint he needed.  Then over to the apartment we went and got everything set up to paint.  I was really glad I had a lot of the painting supplies already, so there was no cost for brushes, rollers, plastic, tape, etc.  Ben and Danielle proceeded to paint while I vacuumed the bedroom and dusted.  Then I wiped down shelves in the closets and bathroom and cleaned the bathroom.  Whew!  By that time the kids had pretty much finished and we decided to head out for some lunch.
Where to eat, where to eat?  Danielle suggested Subway, but Ben and I didn't want that.  Ben suggested Chick-fil-A.  Danielle didn't want that.  I told her we could stop at Subway for her and Ben and I would get something else, but she didn't want to do that. So we agreed on Taco Bell.  When we got there it was really busy and after Ben used the restroom we decided to go to Miguel's.  It was pretty good. Then back to the apartment for a second coat of paint.
Danielle wasn't feeling well (Pray for Danielle.  She struggles with anxiety and has been having some bad bouts with it recently.), so she went over to her mom's apartment to rest. Ben cleaned the fridge and kitchen while I applied a second coat of paint ... up 'til I couldn't reach anymore.  Then we traded places and Ben finished painting and I finished cleaning.  :)
We finally got all our supplies moved out and put back in the car and we finished by vacuuming the floors and then mopping them.  It all looked pretty great when we finished.  I don't see any reason why he shouldn't get his deposit back; it's clean and there's no damage.

Now I know you're all wondering why Ben is moving ... again.  Well, since Danielle's parents are getting a divorce, Charla moved out and now lives in the same apartment complex that Ben lives in.  Monte suggested that Ben should get out of his lease and move into the house with him and Danielle and put some money away before they're married next year.  So that's why he's moving.

After taking Ben and Danielle back to her house, I got on the road to head back home about 4:50 this afternoon.  Even though it's an hour and a half drive, it's really not bad.  I get to listen to Christian radio while in the Corona/Riverside area.  We have VERY POOR Christian radio in San Diego, so most of the time all I'm able to listen to is secular music.  I have a favorite station in SD that plays light rock, but the other day I discovered an easy listening station and it's a nice alternative.

After a quick stop in Santee for a couple of things at Wal-Mart, I made it home a little after 7:00.  Now I sit watching Christmas movies and relaxing and I'm sooooooo glad I get to set my clocks back an hour!

Today I'm thankful for a safe journey to and from Corona/Riverside.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very busy day, indeed! I'm exhausted just reading about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much for me! lol I got an entire bathroom painted and taped in 4 hours by myself. What took ya so long? lol Glad Ben was able to get out of his lease. janet

    ReplyDelete