Friday, November 22, 2013

FRiDAY

I held down the fort at work today since the other two gals I work with took the day off.  I still feel unsure of myself in some things at work and I must have made a comment similar to that yesterday and my supervisor (one of the two off today) told me that I probably knew more than I thought I did.  Well, apparently today was a test for that.  Had a lot of people asking me for a lot of information and I was able to find everything they needed.  YAY!  That was a nice end to my work week.
After work I stopped at Wal-Mart to buy 4 more turkeys for our Thanksgiving boxes that were packed yesterday afternoon.  Our small congregation ended up bringing in enough food for 14 boxes to bless some needy families both inside and outside our church.  Then me and another lady from church delivered one of the boxes and her husband and mine delivered another one.  We had four families stop by the church to pick up their boxes. Then Mike & I delivered one more before going home. The rest of the boxes will be delivered Saturday and Sunday.  Such a good feeling to be able to help others.
After a quick bite to eat we went over to New Seasons Church in Spring Valley for instructions for the Block Party we will be helping with tomorrow at their church. We have the 7 - 10:30 AM shift.  Ugh!  I have to get up EARLY on a Saturday.  I'm thinking a nap is going to be part of my day tomorrow afternoon.
I forgot to say yesterday how blessed I was when I saw the video clip of little Zachary reciting John 3:16.  How precious!  It will be even more special when he comes to understand those words and accepts Jesus as his Savior!
So last night after I thought I was home for the night I ended up having to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a few cans of pumpkin to add to the Thanksgiving boxes and 14 packages of rolls.  While I was there I got a case of water and put it on the bottom of the cart.  I went to the self-checkout, paid and took everything to my car.  As I was putting the bags of rolls and pumpkin in the car I looked down and saw the case of water.  Oh no!  I forgot to pay for it!  Now as I stood there struggling with my conscious I was thinking what difference does it make?  I'll just put it in the car and go home; Wal-Mart won't care. I was tired and just wanted to get back home.  But then I thought, what if someone's watching me and as soon as I put it in my car they'll swoop down and arrest me.  Then I thought, yeah, I'm being watched; God is watching me. I had even contemplated just leaving it on the cart and driving away.  At least I wouldn't be stealing it.  But, I would be causing someone else to steal.  So I locked my car and headed back inside to pay for my water and do the right thing.  And I felt good.  I felt so good I dropped some money in the red kettle on my way out.  :)
Well, it's going to be an early morning, so I suppose I should head to bed.
Today I am thankful for God's reminders of His love and presence. On the way home from work it was dark because of rain clouds. But then I saw part of a rainbow and it was so bright and beautiful in the midst of the darkness. I couldn't help but think that even during dark or discouraging or difficult times, God is still there to fulfill His promises to us. We may not see the complete picture (I couldn't see the complete rainbow), but He does and He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment